Massage Therapy From Core Health Wellness
Massage therapy is a favorite modality for relaxation and healing. It facilitates stress relief and general well-being. However, it is also a highly effective complement to chiropractic care. Its healing effects on the musculoskeletal system are undeniable.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
In addition to integrating chiropractic adjustment, massage therapy can also:
Ensure adequate circulation of fluids
Facilitate a free flow of nerve impulses
Improve cellular nutrition
Relax the soft tissues including muscles and tendons to correct subluxations
Bring enhanced pain relief
Relieve tension from trigger points
Prepare the body for additional chiropractic treatments
Assist damaged tissues in healing more quickly
Breaks the “pain spasm” cycle
Has a protective and preventive effect against future injury
Reduces stress and boosts mood
Massage can be used to help prepare the body for chiropractic adjustment by relieving muscle tension and warming up the soft tissues as well as the joints. This makes the body more pliable, open and conducive to chiropractic treatment and its healing benefits. Massage therapy can also help to integrate chiropractic treatments after or between sessions.
Types of Massages Offered CoreHealth Wellness is pleased to offer therapeutic massage to help complement chiropractic treatments. The goal is holistic healing that harmonizes the effects of musculoskeletal system work for additional pain relief and the reduction of stress.
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue is like Swedish massage, but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The focus of Deep Tissue Massage is on the deepest layers of the muscle and uses deeper pressure to realign muscles and connective tissue.
Sports massage therapy is geared toward athletes of every kind, from world-class professionals to weekend jobbers. The particulars of the sports massage technique are specific to the athlete’s sport of choice. Focusing on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements.
Prenatal massage is massage therapy during pregnancy. It helps to facilitate a low-stress pregnancy and optimal health for both mother and baby and is a wonderful complement for prenatal care. Prenatal massage can help to relieve the discomforts experienced during pregnancy including aches, pains, stiffness, cramps, swelling and headaches. It promotes the flow of lymph and positive hormonal balance and body chemistry. Special care is taken to keep you and your baby safe and comfortable during the massage through the use of cushions and pillows.
Other Types of Massages Offered:
- Gua Sha (Graston Technique) - breaks up injured, tight or deficient tissue. This technique improves recovery and healing.
- Thai – Thai massage involves a series of stretches that emulate a yoga practice. The modality is interactive and the massage therapist may apply pressure to areas of the body by kneeling on your lower back or the backs of your legs. The body’s energy pathways are effectively opened with Thai massage.
- Swedish Massage - Swedish massage is primarily for relaxation, but it can also enhance and complement the effects of chiropractic care. The massage therapist uses firm, sweeping strokes that can be adjusted to your preferences. Friction and kneading motions may also be used to promote circulation. Joint manipulation facilitates optimal healing.
- Lymphatic Drainage – encourages natural drainage, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy - a gentle, noninvasive form of bodywork that addresses the bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum. The goal is to release compression in those areas which alleviates stress and pain.
Get In Touch With Our Local Chiropractor for Massage Therapy Today
Core Health Wellness is pleased to provide a range of massage therapy options to promote healing and integration of our chiropractic work. We look forward to serving you!